Thursday, April 26, 2012

1st Post and X-Box Problems

Greetings, I am attempting to restart a blog that started years ago at live journal. I want to try to write about things in my life, like what I am doing, new acquisitions DVD's and games. Also, I like to talk about Tv shows, movies and Netflix stuff, although I don't go to movies that much anymore.  So, lets start on my first topic.

In September 2007, I purchased my first and only X-box 360 system.  I have never had any problems with it up until my latest game, Star Ocean: The Last Hope.  Throughout the game, I have been experiencing a lot of game freeze ups which is costing me lost game play. It happens every 45 min to an hour of game play.  It freezes up mainly after the battles and sometimes during the cut scene. But I did figure out that if I press the guide button, the cut scene continues. I am having to replay the game from the last save point. I don't know if its the game or the system.  So, I started an experiment.

 I took my system in to have the vents and the laser lens cleaned.  Meanwhile, I took my game to a friend of mines house and played a 2-hour session of my game putting it through its paces.  She has the newer version of the system.  Not a single freeze up.  The shop people told me that they ran my system for 4 hours with no freeze-ups. So, I brought it back home and hooked it back up.  Here is what I am gonna do next.

I will play a session tonight and if it freezes up again, then I will purchase a new copy of the game and see what happens. If the new game freezes up, then I will have no choice but to purchase a new X-Box system.

Although I am writing this at 3:00am, I did play a session, so guess what! The games once again freezes after only 10 minutes of play! So, tomorrow, I will purchase a new copy of the game and we will see what happens from there.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment